What is MQS Streaming Server?
MQS Streaming Server is a home network streaming media server optimized for the Astell&Kern series model AK240. The server allows the user to access various media files stored on a PC/Mac on the same network with the AK240.
The MQS Streaming Server can automatically check for a new version and notify the user of software updates.
System Requirements and List of Supported Devices
PC Minimum System Requirements
- CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo (1.5 GHz)
- RAM : 2GB
- OS : Windows XP, Windows 7, 8 (32 & 64 bit)
Mac Minimum System Requirements
- OS X Lion (10.7)
- WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, DFF, DSF
Supported Network Environment
- Recommended : Router (AP): uPnP support / Wired LAN connection between router and server (computer) / Network connection status
- Bandwidt h: 20 Mbps or higher
List of Supported Devices
- AK240, AK120 II, AK100 II
MQS Streaming Server Installation
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Run the downloaded installer and drag & drop the MQS Streaming Server app icon to the 'Applications' folder
Running the MQS Streaming Server
1. Start Button > All Programs > iriver > MQS Streaming Server
2. The MQS Streaming Server can check for a new version upon startup and notify the user of software updates.
Mac OS X
1. Finder > Applications > MQS Streaming Server.app
MQS Streaming Server Screen Description
1. Drop-down menu - Change list sorting method.
2. Add Folder - Add a new folder.
3. Remove All - Remove all displayed folders and libraries. (Does not delete the actual folders)
4. Rebuild Library - Update the library of shared folders.
5. Restart - Restart the server.
6. Library - Displays the list of user-defined shared folders.
7. Taskbar - For convenient access, the program can be pinned to the Taskbar and closed by clicking the "X" button.
8. Status Indicator - Display current server status.
Running - Server is operating properly.
Stopped - Server is disabled.
1. Server name - Change the server name to be displayed on the device.
2. Port - The port number used by the server can be changed in case of overlap with other programs. The server will restart upon confirmation.
3. Check for update upon launch - The program will check for a new version upon launch.
4. Check for update - Manually check for a new version.
5. Start with Windows - When selected, the server will launch automatically when Windows starts.
6. Rebuild Library when Windows starts - Library will be rebuilt every time the server starts.
1. Version - Current version.
2. Help - Opens the 'MQS Streaming Server Help Guide' in a browser.
Mac OS X
1. Show Server - Open MQS Streaming Server.
2. Check for Update - Check for a new version of the software.
3. Exit - Stop server and exit program.
1. Status Indicator - Displays the current server status or library-related information. Library update can be canceled by clicking
the "X" button. The server is stopped while adding folders or updating the library and is automatically restarted upon completion.
Green - Server is operating properly, but no device is connected.
Orange - Server is operating properly, and a device is connected.
Gray - Server is disabled.
2. Rebuild Library - Update the library of shared folders.
3. Restart - Restart the server.
4. Sort the list of currently shared folders.
5. Add or remove folders by clicking the +/- buttons. Folders can be added to the library via drag & drop from the Finder or
desktop. Folders can be removed from the library by clicking the appropriate folder and pressing the Delete key.
- When running, the server detects any changes to the shared folders and automatically updates the library.
Any changes made while the server is not running will be applied at the next startup.
1. Port - The port number used by the server can be changed in case of overlap with other programs. The server will restart upon confirmation.
2. Server name - Change the server name to be displayed on the device.
3. Automatically check for updates - Check for a new version of the software once per day. Alternatively, clicking 'Check for update' will manually check for a new version.
4. Start with OS X - When selected, the server will launch automatically when OS X starts.
1. Version - Current version.
2. Help - Opens the 'MQS Streaming Server Help Guide.'
The Help Guide is based on Windows Server 1.0 / Mac Server 1.0 standards.